Thursday, November 5, 2015

(Late) KCW Update and my new favourite pattern

Wow! It took me a long time to write this update! But now that I have, let me take you through my creative process.

I really liked this fall's theme - Disguise. When I read it for the first time I imediately thought of the colors 'disguise' reminded me of - beautiful muted tones that wouldn't stand out in a crowd.

I had planned to sew a Jon-Jon, using a Simplicity vintage pattern (8989) - and a Myrantine blouse from Citronille. But, I had a big 'oops!' moment and when I was trimming the blouse's neckline seam allowance, the fabric got stuck in the scissors somehow and I ended up cutting through the blouse. So, insted, I ended up making the Halloween costumes I talked about here . I already bought more pink plumeti to finish the blouse though and I want to get back to that shortly.

I'm glad I had this challenge to "make me" sew, because if not I would have succumbed to my tiredness and wouldn't have sewed all week (I'm more of a day person and by 10 pm I just want to go to bed). Good thing is that once I started sewing I would forget about sleeping for at least two hours.

Can't wait for the winter edition! Thank you Meg and Dorie for this amazing challenge!

So this is the Simplicity Jon-Jon - my new favourite! And it's really easy to sew. It ended being a bit too short so I added some lace at the bottom. But I think it looks even cuter and more feminine.

Demorei algum tempo a escrever este update! Mas agora que já consegui vou levar-vos pelo meu proceso criativo.

Gostei imenso do tema deste outono - Disguise, ou disfarce. Quando li pela primeira vez, pensei logo nas cores que a palavra me recordava - cores "apagadas" que não chamam a atenção.


Tinha planeado fazer um macacão (Jon-Jon) com um molde vintage da Simplicity (8989) e uma camisa com o molde Myrantine da Citronille. Mas tive um momento 'oops!' e quando estava a cortar o valor de costura da camisa, sem querer, a tesoura apanhou um bocado de tecido e acabei por cortar o corpo da blusa. Por isso, em vez de começar de novo, acabei por fazer os fatos de Halloween de que falei aqui. Mas já comprei mais plumeti cor-de-rosa para acabar a camisa e espero fazê-lo em breve.

Ainda bem que tinha este desafio para me "obrigar" a costurar porque, caso contrário, não tinha conseguido resistir ao sono e não tinha costurado nada a semana inteira (sou mais uma pessoa "diurna" e às 22h, já só me apetece dormir). Mas o pior é começar, e assim que começava a costurar passava-me o sono e conseguia aguentar, pelo menos, duas horas.

Mal posso esperar pela edição de inverno. Obrigada Meg e Dorie por esta ideia fantástica!


E este é o macacão (Jon-Jon) da Simplicity - o meu novo molde preferido! E é mesmo fácil de fazer. Acabou por ficar um bocado curto de mais e, por isso, usei um bocado de bordado inglês para disfarçar. Mas por acaso acho que até ficou mais querido e feminino.

 




Bow by Lemon Hair Lovers.

Laço da Lemon Hair Lovers.

4 comments: